Thursday, October 13, 2011

Scripture sayings in cards

My father-in-law always seems to purchase cards with scripture saying in them, but he also always tells me how wonderful he thinks my cards are, so I wanted to create some cards that he might want to use . . . something more his style.

I was having a little bit of a creative road block when I started in on this, so I went to the website CardPatterns to see what card sketch they had up for this week.  Here is the sketch . . .















Kind of basic, but like I said, I was not coming up with any ideas on my own.  Once I got started I actually ended up making TWO cards, both with this same sketch and the same papers, but just a slight variation on them.  Here is the first one


The sentiment is a stamp from the Scripture Sayings stamp set from K Andrew Designs.  I purchased this set specifically to make cards for my father-in-law to give to people.  The sayings from this set are a perfect match for him.

Make sure to come back tomorrow to see the second card that I created from this sketch.

2 comments:

  1. I'm ususally not much of a sketch person, but I really like this one! Thanks for sharing, and what a beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly believe & love that sentiment. Love the earth tone colors you used. I'm sure your uncle would love it.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Card Patterns.

    ReplyDelete