Sunday, September 11, 2011

Simply Sunday - Halloween

Welcome to Simply Sunday with the Getting Cricky Design Team!

Today is the day that the Getting Cricky Design Team gets to show off some of the projects they have created with the wonderful stamps from K Andrew Designs.  Our theme for this week is Halloween.  Now, I could have gone with something easy and used any of the wonderful stamps on the NEW Fall-O-OWeen Stamp set but instead I decided to try and see what I could come up with using the Positive Thoughts Stamp Set.



































If you don't already own this stamp set I would suggest you click here to purchase it.  It has so many great phrases that can be used for so many different cards . . . even a Halloween card.

Here is the card that I created using this stamp set.



I used a variety of Jack-o-lantern face cuts from the Pumpkin Carving Cricut cartridge.  I then framed the cuts in a "torn" square that is on the Calligraphy Collections Cricut cartridge.  The finishing touch was adding the K Andrews Designs Stamp sentiment "Go ahead and Laugh!"

I hope that you enjoyed my card.  Be sure to stop by Getting Cricky to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I know you will be inspired to create your own Halloween projects!  Once you create your own Halloween Themed project, be sure to enter it at Getting Cricky for your chance to win a stamp set!

9 comments:

  1. Shawn your cards are so fun! I love how your creative juices inspire all of us! Keep up the good work girl :)
    ~Hugs~
    Becky- your DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so absolutely adorable, Shawn! The sentiment is just perfect for those funny faces! Great job thinking outside the box! I love this!! :D

    Lisa
    GCDT - Sister
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    PS - I just sent you a FB message...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your laughing Jack-o-lanterns! The card is adorable and the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card. You sure did rock this challenge girlfriend. Great job!
    Hugs :),
    Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM – Sister
    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shawn
    This card is so cute, I love the faces. I am going to try to do this too.
    Becka M
    Your GC design sister

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Shawn, what a fabulous idea using this stamp set for the challenge. I love it and those faces with the sentiment do make me laugh. So ingenious.
    Hugs
    Brenda
    I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card. It made me laugh out loud. Love the Forever Young card too (I think that is yours).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shawn, this is adorable -- I just love your laughing jack-o-lanterns!! Thanks so much for sharing your creative ideas with these non-Halloween stamp sets!! I can't wait to try a few of your ideas!! :)

    BIG hugs,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete