Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cupcake Wrapper

One of my friends at work is getting married, and I told her that I had just gotten the Cupcake Wrapper Cricut cartridge.  She was interested to see what images it had, so I said I would cut a few so she could see some samples.

Then I had an idea . . . what if I used the Cricut Craft Room to cut their names out of the cupcake wrapper!  You could do this with Design Studio or a Gypsy, but since I don't have either one of those I turned to Cricut Craft room. After some help from the ladies on the message board, here is what I got for a result

















Since this was just for a "sample" to see if I could get it to work, I just used some scrap paper.  I did want to do the base as a light, in this case white, paper so that the letters showed up really well.

















The bad part was the the teal colored paper is a little stiff, so it did not sit nice for me when I was trying to take the picture.  Of course, having a cupcake inside of it would help that also.  But at least now I know it can be done, so if she likes them I could go and get a sheet of a more flexible paper in her wedding colors and do another test with that.

Update: I was asked what size I cut them at.  I cut these at 8 1/2" using the fit to length feature on my Expression.  What I would do is measure what the circumference around the top of the cupcake will be.  If you are baking them, measure the top circumference of the cupcake pan.  If you will be purchasing the cupcakes, go to the bakery and get the measurement around the top/widest part of the cupcake.  I would then add 1/4" to that number and use that as your Fit to Length measurement.  The little bit extra is so that they are not a tight fit.

6 comments:

  1. I bet she'll love it. How nice of you to help her celebrate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shawn I love these! They really turned out fantastic. what a great idea to add the names! My daughter is getting married in less than a month and these would be cute as an extra little favor for the guests. My Wal-mart has just clearance all their Lite cartridges so I think I need to go get this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I have to make them for my sisters wedding. Could you tell me what size you cut the teal? Thanks CallyAnn
    http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, Sistah!!! I'm assuming Cricut Craft Room is still in beta? I haven't been over there at all, but I use MyCutSearch ALLLL the time. I'm seeing some hockey cupcakes in your future!

    Love, The CardMonkey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Callyannc: I cut these at 8 1/2" using the fit to length feature on my Expression. What I would do is measure what the circumference around the top of the cupcake will be. If you are baking them, measure the top circumference of the cupcake pan. If you will be purchasing the cupcakes, go to the bakery and get the measurement around the top/widest part of the cupcake. I would then add 1/4" to that number and use that as your Fit to Length measurement. The little bit extra is so that they are not a tight fit.

    Ellen . . . I have a feeling you are right!

    ReplyDelete