Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happy Birthday card

Here is a birthday card that I made for a friend of mine.  I found a paper with the diamond pattern in brown and teal, with coral colored flowers on it to use for the background.  The strip of paper at the bottom is a textured handmade paper, and I thought this added something special to the card.

Then, I created my own patterned paper by typing the words Happy Birthday over and over again, and alternating the colors of it between teal and purple.  I then printed this on cream colored paper, and used my Cricut to cut out a flower shape, and backed that in a purple paper.  I used the same purple paper to cut out my friend's name and put that on the card also to make it very personal.

The best part . . . she loved it!

http://craftychicsblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment