Thursday, November 29, 2012

Holiday "wine charms"

If you are here for the Dazzling Diamond Challenge
from Crafty Card Gallery click HERE

 If you are here for the  Christmas Party
then you are in the right spot!

I love adding a little something special to every day items, and  adhesive backed fabric makes that so easy to do!  Here is my take on "wine charms" to help your guests keep track of which glass is theirs at a gathering.




Project Details:
Difficulty Level: Novice
Estimated Completion Time: less than 30 minutes
Tools Used: Cricut, Christmas Cheer Cricut Cartridge and variety of solid colored adhesive backed fabric

Cut Christmas Tree Lights
First I picked a variety of fun colors of adhesive backed fabric.  I used the gray for the tops of the Christmas Tree Lights.  I cut one Christmas Tree Light from each of the 8 different colors I wanted to use.  The cut I used was from the Christmas Cheer Cricut cartridge.


Layer the cuts
After I had all of the Christmas Tree lights cut, and the gray toppers I simply layer the gray on the top of the colored cut just as I would do if I was making these out of cardstock.  Since the adhesive back fabric is repositionable, if I didn't get the top on straight the first time I could just peel it off and line it up again.

Decorate glasses or plate
Now I have my own set of wine/glass charms that I can use over and over again!  When I am done using them I simply place them on a sheet of waxed paper so that I can save them again for next year.  If you are not a wine drinker, you can use this project idea to decorate serving plates too.



Do you love this project but just don't know when you would have time to make it yourself?  Shawn is now selling some of the things she creates!  Go to any of the following links








No comments:

Post a Comment