Saturday, August 4, 2012

Sketch Blog Hop

Welcome to the Sketch Blog Hop. Everyone has had so much fun doing these it's turned into a regular event!

The purpose of this hop is to show how all of these talented bloggers can take the same sketch and come up with totally different cards. If you've never used a card sketch before, give it a try! You should have arrived from  Zenita  and if you just happened along the hop, you can go back to the start at www.craftycardgallery.blogspot.com



First off, I want to show you the sketch we were all given to start with . . . 


When I first saw this card I thought of an idea of clothes hanging on the line to dry . . . 


I did the baby clothes in shades of blue and then used the "Oh Boy!" stamp from K Andrew Designs Of Mice and Lil Men stamp set.  I also used the stamp set Sew Much Fun to create the clothes line.  Now I just have to wait for someone I know to have a baby boy.  

Oh . . . and this weekend my family is celebrating several birthdays, so I needed to make some birthday cards and I used the same sketch again to create this birthday card for my brother-in-law.


The blue paper was picked for this card because of the little chilli peppers on it . . . my husband and his brothers LOVE their salsa and spicy food!  I used a needle and embroidery floss to string the pendant together.

I hope you enjoyed these cards and that they inspired you to create something from this sketch.  Your next stop is 




Enjoy the hop!


Here is the full line up in case you get lost . . . 


Jennifer http://www.craftycardgallery.blogspot.com
Jearise http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com/2012/08
Ashley http://thebloghopprincess.blogspot.com/
Kerry http://www.kerrysscrapplace.blogspot.com.au/

4 comments:

  1. Both are great...love the baby one! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute cards! And, so fun! I am going to use this sketch to make my father-in-law his birthday card!

    Thank you for the inspiration and fun blog hop!

    sroseberry@ymail.com
    zannieberry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are great!!! so very different but so cute!
    Thanks for being in the hop! So sorry for the late visit!
    www.craftycardgallery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete