Sunday, August 5, 2012

Simply Sunday - Fun with Puns

Welcome to Simply Sunday with the Getting Cricky Design Team!

Today is the day that the Getting Cricky Design Team gets to show off some of the projects they have created with the wonderful stamps from K Andrew Designs.  The challenge theme for this week is Fun with Puns.

My husband's side of the family is VERY punny . . . every year at Easter I have to listen to the same egg jokes . . . "This meal is egg-cellent" . . . that is no "yoke" they really say that!  It is enough to "scramble" your brains!

Well, for my sister-in-law's birthday card I decided to bring out the family's love of puns.  I cut the oval owl shape from the Cricut Pumpkin Carvings cartridge . . . it's not just for Halloween!  I added some leaves in the corners and my Owly Hoo Stamp set to stamp the words "Happy bird-day"


I even continued the pun on the inside with the phrase "From OWL of us"


If you want to add this stamp set to your collection, just click on the preview below.
K Andrew Designs


Make sure to stop by Getting Cricky to see what the rest of the Design Team has created, and you can even enter your OWN project into the challenge.

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

6 comments:

  1. I love the jokes and the card!!

    Sharondalyn @

    http://clippingsbysharondalyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another cute one...love those puns! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable, Shawn!! What a fun card...whoever gets it will love it :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Getting Cricky DT - Sister

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job Shawn! Love the owl.

    HUgs
    Patty
    Creative Diva
    Getting Cricky DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute. I love the colors and how the owl glitters. Too fun :)

    Heather
    GCDT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Owl Shawn!! and the glitter too!!
    Cheers Jennie
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete