Friday, August 17, 2012

Getting Cricky Blog Hop - Back to School


Welcome to the Getting Cricky Blog Hop!





Where did the summer go?  I cannot believe we are already half way through August and it is almost time for the kids to go back to school . . . which leads us to the theme for this blog hop . . . Back To School!

If you came here from Lisa's blog, you are in the right place . . . if not  CLICK HERE to start at the beginning with Kristal's blog (you'll want to catch up on all the FUN!!)

Since my kids are older they don't enjoy the cute little notes and things that I might have WANTED to make, but my daughter does love to write.  I grabbed a mini notebook that I think I got from a $1 bin at a store and added a little bling to it



I used the K Andrew Designs Beautiful Thoughts stamp set to add the sentiment 
"You are the author of your own life"

Here is a preview of the full stamp set . . . 

K Andrew Designs


If you would like to purchase this stamp set just click HERE
If you would like to see more projects created with this stamp set you can go to the Pinterest board!

Now it is time to send you off to stop on the hop
Jessie
-----------------------------------------------

22 comments:

  1. I love this sentiment with the journal! It is so cool. I love even more that your daughter claimed it right away! You are such an awesome mom to offer to make more for her friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Shawn!! I love the colors and the sentiment is perfect!! Awesome as always!! :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Getting Cricky DT - Sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors! Yellow is my favorite and Kristal stamp is perfect since your daughter loves to write. TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!

    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this project! And in my favorite color too! This stamp set is calling my name! I became a follower on PINTEREST! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun hop. Like the altered notebook. I picked up some mini composition books today to decorate & mail to my Daughter. My Daughter headed back to college this morn to start her Junior yr. I'm missing her already. She likes Owls so your Owl projects would be a big hit with her.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!! I love working with notebooks :) TYFS

    Amanda
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shawn I love this! I'm going to craftlift it to make one for my daughter who is an aspiring writer. She just finished her 6th book and is working on the 7th in her series. TFS.
    You rock.
    dmcardmaker (at AOL)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great notebook. I hope she really likes it a lot. I know my girls love the little journals. TFS! Scrappy Hugs!!!

    Christel
    GCDT Sister
    Scrappin’ Sista Designs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute notebook!!
    Angela
    http://angelascraftyspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. My students love the little journals too! Lots of great sentiments to put on them with this set!
    Sheri R
    sherii at cfl dot rr dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your idea and the sentiment.
    Cindy Lou
    endurapuppy at yahoo dot com
    http://scrappinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So well thought out, Shawn. I love the sentiment-just perfect. I love altered comp books and your is great.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun notebook make over! Love the sentiment!

    Hugs,
    HL

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun way to dress up a notebook. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great notebook Shawn. Your daughter will be able to right so many wonderful in it.

    Cheri
    DJ's Sundries
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea!!! so adorable and the sentiment is AWESOME so fitting :)) Thanks for sharing... rrandrr@insightbb.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the cheery brright colors you picked.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your altered project. Very amazing.


    Hugs,
    Patty
    Getting Cricky DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great quick project!! Love it!!
    Cheers Jennie DT sister
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Shawn,
    sorry for the late hop. This notebook is so adorable! I love the colors you used and the sentiment is so perfect.

    Jessie

    ReplyDelete