Friday, July 27, 2012

Real life gets in the way of my crafting life!

I know it appears as if I have been busy crafting, but all of the post you have seen in the past week or more were things that I created early in July, while I was still laid off.  Then "real life" got in the way of my crafting life.

We found out that my Grandfather, who just turned 91 years old, has cancer in his throat.  It was looking pretty bad for a while there, but now he is out of the hospital and doing some radiation treatments.  But during the time he was REALLY bad that was all I could think about. 

Then, the middle of last week I got a call that I had been offered a job . . . it is a contract position, so it might be 3 months (maybe 6 months) but at least it is some more money coming in for now.  So when I found out that I would be going back to work I had to get a lot of stuff around the house done that was on my "to do list" for the time I was laid off and I because I wanted to get some of that stuff done, crafting was neglected.

Now I have been working for a week.  Back to getting up early, and being to tired to craft when I get home from work (with a MUCH longer drive time than I used to have)  I did watch Craft Wars this week . . . that was as close as I got to crafting.

I am hoping to get into a groove with my new schedule so that I can find time to create again.

2 comments:

  1. Shawn ((((HUGS)))) sorry to hear about your granfather.

    Congrats on the new job!!!!!

    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job! Sorry about your grandfather...

    ReplyDelete