Friday, June 15, 2012

Getting Cricky Blog Hop - Let's Get Wild!

Looking for some inspiration?  
Check out the Getting Cricky Blog Hop!







Throughout the hop the Design Team will featuring projects created by the kids in their life!

 CLICK HERE to start at the beginning with Kristal's blog (you'll want to catch up on all the FUN!!)

I have really been having fun using the Guy Talk Stamp Set from K Andrew Designs. It has been perfect for the Father's Day cards I made.

K Andrew Designs

While I was working on the ones for my Dad and Grandfather, my 12 year old daughter Beth wanted to make one for her Dad.  It was her creation.  (She says it was a 50/50 collaboration, but I was putting together another card while she was making all of the cuts . . . the only thing I did was the stamping)  

First she sat down at my tower of scrapbooking paper and started to look for inspiration.  She found the black patterned paper first and really liked it.  Then she started to pull all kinds of coordinating solid color papers (hmmm . . . that is basically how I work too)  Next she found the shapes she wanted and stared to cut on the Cricut.  She cut several shapes in a variety of sizes so that we could play with them to figure out the best layout.  



Then she had the idea to stamp the words Happy Father's Day around the outside edge of the card, but I thought she meant the outside edge of the white circle . . . once she realized that Kristal's stamps were flexible enough to curve with the shape of the circle she said "Oh do that instead!  That's even BETTER!"  The final touch was the Whoa Daddy saying.  I love the wild colors and patterns that she picked out!

If you would like to purchase this stamp set just click on the preview of the set above.  
If you would like to see more projects created with this stamp set you can go to the Pinterest board!

I hope you enjoy the rest of the hop . . . the full line up is below!

-------------------------------


31 comments:

  1. Beth did an amazing job on this Shawn. I love the designs and cuts she used! Fabulous colors as well.

    Heather DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth did such a fabulous job!! This card is so awesome!! Love the designs and pretty colors :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids have such creative ideas. Especially like that you can curve the stamps. I know since I consider my daughter the artistic talented one in the family. Used K Andrew Owly Hoo Sentiments on an Owl Trio Happy bird-day Birthday Card I made today and since I wanted to stamp the 'bird-' separatley from 'day' I covered part with paper and then inked the part I wanted to stamp and got the 2 parts on 2 different pieces.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a talented crafter on your hands.
    Beth your card is wonderful!!! TFS!
    dmcardmaker

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her card is so great. I love how she did the cut shapes to match the ones on the DP. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I love her color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your daughter did a great job! what a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She did a fantastic job. Your newest follower here.

    Nana
    www.mycraftingchanel.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Colors!!!Super cute!!
    Mrodriguez860@hotmail.com
    http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is awesome!

    Liz
    puffinliz at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors/card. Your daughter is very talented. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! Love all the shapes and colors!!


    Amanda
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Beth's card. Her design she chose is so clever. Creative talent just like "Mom."

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome card Beth! Your dad is sure to love it!!

    Precious Hugs
    OmaGloria
    Getting Cricky DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beth, you did a fabulous job with your card. Love the shapes. I know your dad is going to love it.


    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com
    Getting Cricky DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just beautiful! What a great job! I'm sure Dad will treasure this always!

    Patti
    Getting Cricky DT Member
    www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice card love the curve of the sentiments!!
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the card! It is so creative and the colors are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love, love, love the card! The colors are fantastic!
    Miranda :)
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card! You have a budding designer in the family!

    Sheri

    Sherii at cfl dot rr dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card. I love all the shapes and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card!!

    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. She did a great job making the card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have one crafty kid. I love the colors and the design!

    Cheri
    DJ's Sundries
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. This card is fabulous! I wouldn't have known it was done by a kid unless you had told us. I especially like how she got all of her inspiration from one piece of patterned paper - very impressive!

    Diana :)
    Leelee Card Designs
    Getting Cricky DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beth did such a great job. I love how she curved the stamps.

    Jessie
    Getting Cricky DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beth, What a fabulous job you did!! Shawn what a great card!!
    Cheers Jennie GC DT sister
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete