Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Stamp Promo!

We have a very special week planned for you with the Getty Cricky Design Team.   We will be introducing you to the new design team! Each of the girls have selected one stamp sets to feature!  Today is actually the 6th day of this promo week, so make sure you head over to Getty Cricky to see all of the projects from the entire design team from the past week.

The stamp set I will be featuring is Sympathetic Sayings.



































We recently had a close friend of my husband's family pass away.  Here is the card I created for her family.  I used the saying "May God's comfort be with you"


I like the butterfly paper on this card because it is colorful, without being TOO MUCH color, and butterflies represent change.  The person who passed away is much like a butterfly . . . she is no longer held in the cocoon of her body . . . she is now free.

Now, don't forget, Kristal is having a very special sale during this promo week. 


 Take special advantage of a 20% discount on your entire purchase by using code "letshavefun" at checkout. 


Click HERE to head on over and pick up your stamp sets.


One last thing . . . Kristal just came out with a new set that I personally LOVE called Of Mice and Lil Men, and I am hoping to get a few projects made with it soon because it would be PERFECT to use for our upcoming Disney Pixar Blog Hop!


For more information about the hop, you can check out our Facebook Event Page for it.

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, sorry for your friends loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I really like the butterfly paper, too. So sorry you had an actual reason to use this set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry for the loss of your friend. This is a beautiful card pay tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just absolutely gorgeous and so elegant, Shawn...but I'm so sorry you had to use it.

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the beautiful paper of the butterflies.Sorry to hear about your friend.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com
    Getting Cricky DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Sorry for your loss.
    Miranda
    Getting Cricky DT
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shawn, this card is just so beautiful. It reaches out to you and let's you know you are being thought of...perfect. These cards are never easy to do and often stained with tears...

    Patti Ross. DT sister
    www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!

    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always been partial to butterflies. Your card is so nice..it is soft and subtle..perfect for the occasion. Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. I lost my father last Saturday and it has been a very long week..

    transport7800@aol.com
    http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com
    new follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki Im sorry to hear of your lost. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. AJ

      Delete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear of your husbanbd lost. My prays go out to you all and his family.
    Your card is beautiful and you used the perfect sentiment. I think you picked the right paper with it being soft and not too colorful.

    I can wait to see your mice and lil Men! Im a new follower TFS AJ!
    jeria22@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very lovely touching card. My sympathies to you and your husband. That stamp set is really wonderful with lots of perfect sentiments.

    ReplyDelete