Sunday, March 11, 2012

Simply Sunday - Color Challenge

Welcome to Simply Sunday with the Getting Cricky Design Team!

Today is the day that the Getting Cricky Design Team gets to show off some of the projects they have created with the wonderful stamps from K Andrew Designs.  The challenge for this week is a color challenge . . . use green and white, and one other color.

Today I made my FIRST EVER vinyl project!  I have been so scared to try cutting vinyl with my Cricut . . . I was so worried that it would be difficult or that I would totally mess it up.  It was SO EASY!!!!!

I used some vinyl from My Hobby Vinyl.  They have a great assortment of colors and it cuts really nice!  And it is only $1.99 for a 12x24 sheet!



I used the shamrocks from the Celebrate with Flourish Cricut cartridge.

I did not have any transfer tape, but I did find a great video by Above Rubies Studio on how to use regular painter's tape as transfer tape for your vinyl projects . . . it worked great!

The shamrocks made me think of the song "When Irish Eyes are Smiling" so I stamped the word "Smile" on them from the Positive Thoughts stamp set.

If you are thinking of doing a project with your Cricut and vinyl, I highly recommend using the My Hobby Vinyl products.  They even have a discount code on their Facebook page so that you can get 15%!!!!!
http://www.facebook.com/myhobbyvinyl

and make sure to check out all of the fabulous colors of vinyl they have at http://www.myhobbyvinyl.com/index.html

Make sure to stop by Getting Cricky to see what the rest of the Design Team has created, and you can even enter your OWN project into the challenge.

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

12 comments:

  1. I love it Shawn! I may have to try the vinyl! It looks great!

    Heather JR. DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome, Shawn!! I have a stack of vinyl in several colors and I've never used it!! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Getting Cricky DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool Shawn! I love using vinyl and I will deffinily have to check out that site to order some!! Ty for the info! Great job!

    Amanda
    Getting Cricky JrDt
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Supper cool Love the Shamrocks and the Flourish I love. thanks for sharing.
    Anita GCDT Sister
    www.anita-craft-corner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Adorable shamrocks. Great job!

    Hugs,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool, I have vinyl but like you am way to nervous to try, I will have to check Megan's video on how she did it!! great job
    Kristan
    GCDT-Sister

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this turned out so well. Vinyl is just so mcuh fun. Great project.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn
    GC DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  8. It lok great! I've been wanting to try out vinyl too. Hopefully I will soon. TFS!!

    Veronica JrDT-Sister
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shawn, this is really a cute idea. Isn't vinyl fun?
    Cheri - Getting Cricky Sister

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! I haven't tried vinyl either but I just may have to now! LOL
    Miranda :)
    GCJRDT Sister
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great project Shawn! Makes me want to grab some vinyl and get creating with it again!

    Hugs,
    ~RhoLynda
    GCDT Sister
    blossomingbutterflycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shawn, Great project, I have not tried vinyl either, must do that!!
    Cheers Jennie Getting Cricky Sister

    ReplyDelete