Sunday, February 26, 2012

Simply Sunday - Pirate Theme

Welcome to Simply Sunday with the Getting Cricky Design Team!

Today is the day that the Getting Cricky Design Team gets to show off some of the projects they have created with the wonderful stamps from K Andrew Designs.  Our theme for this week is Pirates.

For today's project I used the Sampler Cricut cartridge.  Earlier this month, the Design Team had a personal challenge where we all created one project each day but used the same Cricut Cartridge all week.  If you would like to see my projects that I created using the Sampler Cartridge you can look back through the posts from that week . . . or click HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.

I kept using the Sampler cartridge since I was on a roll with it for my card today . . .



I used the baby onsie cut and stamped the phrase "Party on the poop deck" on the front of it.  The phrase comes from the K Andrew Pirate Tales and Fish Scales.  I found a background paper that had a compass on it, which made me think of sailing.  I used the rope stamp from this same set to stamp the rope pattern onto a strip of paper that I placed to cover the seam of my two background papers.

On the inside I used yet another stamp from the Pirate Tales and Fish Scales stamp set . . . the pirate ship . . . and then I wrote "Welcome to the newest member of your crew!"

Make sure to stop by Getting Cricky to see what the rest of the Design Team has created, and you can even enter your OWN project into the challenge.

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

8 comments:

  1. I just love this card, Shawn!! So creative and adorable!! And I love the papers!! :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Getting Cricky DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable Shawn! Your creativity absolutely amazes me. Someone is going to love this card!

    Cheri - Getting Cricky Sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! So creative
    Kristan
    GCDT-Sister

    ReplyDelete
  4. Supper cool love the Stamps and the Shirt is sweet. thanks for sharing.
    Anita Getting Cricky Jr.Dt. Sister
    www.anita-craft-corner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shawn,
    this is just too cute. Using the onsie and the poop deck stamp together is hilarious and perfect!!!! The way you used the rope stamp on the outside of the card is great. A wonderful way to cover the seam and add character to the card at the same time. I love the way you carried the theme through on the inside of the card. So Creative!
    Charlotte
    GC jrDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shawn, this is just so cute, what a wonderful card for a baby boy!! The inside sentiment is very fun too!!
    Cheers Jennie - GCDT - Sister

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun is this card! I love it! It is way cute and the sentiments are sooo adorable with it! Fabulous

    Heather JR DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so stinkin cute! I love it and I love the sentiment!!! Great job!!

    Amanda
    Getting Cricky JrDt
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete