Thursday, February 16, 2012

Greetings lil one

Have you ever sat down and looked through the handbook for just one of your Cricut cartridges, and then tried to come up with as many project ideas as you could that would JUST use that ONE cartridge and any of the stamp sets you already own?

That is kind of the basis for the theme of this week. I will ONLY be using cuts from the Sampler Cricut cartridge, and combining them with stamps from the K Andrew Designs stamp sets. Why? So many people look at a stamp set and see a "theme" and think that if they don't have a Cricut cartridge that fits that "theme" then they don't have a use for that stamp set . . . WRONG! This week several of the Getting Crickey Design Team Members are going to show you how many project ideas are out there from just one cartridge.

For today's card I used the baby wrapped in the blanket cut from the Sampler Cricut cartridge.























I used stamps from Owly Hoo and Winter Wishes to create my phrase Greetings lil one.  Since several of the K Andrew stamp sets are mix and match sets this allows you to combine them to create your own phrases . . . which also allows you to get more bang for your buck out of the sets!

I hope you enjoyed this card, and that you come back every day this week to see what else I have created!


5 comments:

  1. Adorable card! what a great use for the heart embossing folder, and I thought it was for V-Day only. TFS. -Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I have a baby shower this weekend, will you send me this card so I can give it to the mommy to be ;). Well I may have to create something similar! Cute Cute

    Heather Getting Cricky JR. DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!! Love the sentiment on the card!!
    Kristan
    GCDT-Sister

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Shawn, this is so cute!! What a sweet baby!! The embossing is so fabulous and I love, love the sentiment!! What a great card :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great baby card once again Shawn. This will go great in a little boy's baby book someday.

    Cheri - Getting Cricky Sister
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete