Friday, February 17, 2012

Getting Cricky Blog Hop - Cabin Fever

Welcome to the "Cabin Fever" Getting Cricky Blog Hop!!

We're so happy you could join us for this month's Getting Cricky Design Team Blog Hop!!  We have an EXTRA SPECIAL hop for you this month -- All week long, the Design Team has been featuring many of Kristal's stamp sets as well as an array of Cricut Cartridges, SVG cuts, and more in anticipation of the hop...  If you've missed out on any of the week, be sure to check out our previous posts for MORE THAN 100 CREATIVE IDEAS and PROJECTS as well as giveaways, promotions, tips, and tutorials!!

If you've hopped along from Ildi's blog then you are in the right place!! If you are just joining me from your dashboard, or reading this via email, please be sure to CLICK HERE to start at the beginning with Kristal's blog (you'll want to catch up on all the FUN!!)

K Andrew's stamps are all made and assembled here in the USA, which is very important to Kristal. This ensures all product materials are safe and that jobs are being provided and maintained here in America.  You can learn even more about Kristal's stamps (and pick some up for yourself) by visiting her online store: K Andrew Designs:








Kristal's stamp sets are perfect for cards, layouts, and so much more...

For my project, I'm featuring the Owly Hoo Stamp set.







We have a friend of our family who plays hockey, and he recently suffered a concussion during a game.  He is going through a little bit of "Cabin Fever" since he cannot read, play video games or go to hockey for a while now.  To cheer him up my daughter and I brought him some of his favorite brownies, along with this card . . . 



The inside says "Hope you are on the road to a fast recovery!"  I used the road sign and arrow cuts from the Sampler Cricut cartridge because the Design Team was challenging ourselves to use just one Cricut cartridge for all of our projects this week.  Then added the numbers on the signs with my Owly Hoo stamp set.  I decided to make the signs have his hockey jersey number.

If you would like to see my other projects that I created this week using K Andrew stamp sets and the Sampler Cricut cartridge, you can look back through the posts from this week . . . or click HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.  

2/20/12  ****The contest below is now closed ****  2/20/12

Now for some blog candy!  How about some gift certificates to Custom Crops!  Let's play a game to enter to win . . . 

Those of you that know me know that my family created the website MyCutSearch.com and that I like to have everyone play a game with MyCutSearch.com in order to enter to win prizes.  Since my card has road signs on it, let's go to MyCutSearch and search the word

road

Then send me an email by clicking here or by using the Contact Us Page at MyCutSearch.com telling me how many Cricut handbook pages came up in the search for the word road.  Winner will be announced on Sunday February 18th, so make sure to stop back and see if you are the lucky winner!

2/20/12  ****The contest above is now closed ****  2/20/12

Now you can hop on over to your next stop: 
Kristan






Getting Cricky Blog Hop


31 comments:

  1. Very colorful card; it's sure to cheer him up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome, colorful card, Shawn!! I'm sure this cheered him up!! I love the cuts you used :)

    Lisa
    Getting Cricky DT - Sister
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's the picture of the BROWNIES??? :) Love the card!!

    Thanks so much for sharing your Getting Cricky talent!! :)

    Your GCDT Sister,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card!!! I'm sure he loved it!! :)


    Amanda
    Getting Cricky JrDt
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card!! so very cool!!
    Cheers Jennie - GCDT-sister

    ReplyDelete
  6. your card is very cute and cheerful I sure think he is will love it Hugs Debbie DT sister getting cricky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Shawn!!! Hope that the young man gets well soon! Great work!!

    Hugs,
    RhoLynda
    GCDT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so hard when an athlete has to sit out. I'm sure he appreciated the card and goodies. Hope he's back to his game soon.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Shawn! Hope he's up and back on the ice soon.

    Tami
    scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card, it is so colorful and sure to cheer up the recipient! I pray he is doing well. There is nothing worse to an athlete than to have to sit out and watch :(
    I love MyCutSearch.com so much. I am at a scrapbooking retreat right now and keep it open on my laptop the whole time so I can do quick searches.
    Thanks for your great work on the DT.

    Blessings,
    Jana
    Getting Cricky JrDT
    My Website

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card.
    cstephenson at q dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. How thoughtful!! I love the card...and I didn't know you started the mycutserach.com!!! ugh!!!! that is my go to site ALL the time when I am designing on my gypsy....which is ALWAYS!!! Awesome to know the creator of the site!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    rynmich92 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card:) Very thoughtful and sure he liked it!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome Card love the road signs and the colors are perfect. thanks for sharing.
    Anita Getting Cricky Jr.Dt. sister
    www.anita-craft-corner.blogspot.com
    abbraddock@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like all the street signs you used.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great card Shawn. I love the colors and the signs. I think it would make a great addition to a scrapbook too.

    Cheri - Getting Cricky JtDT
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great Card!! I hope your family friend is doing better, this is sure to brighten up his day!!
    Kristan
    GCDT-Sister

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute idea. I bet he will love it. That would be hard to not be able to do anything. I hope he feel better.

    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ildi,
    You did a great job. What a cute card.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Sherry
    Jr. Dt. Sister

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry Shawn, I called you Ildi. OOPS, not one of my brighter moments.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great idea! Love the sentiment and I am sure it will brighten his day! msmith38652@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cool card, I hope he feels better soon!!

    Ildi your DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the card! I'm sure he will appreciate it along with the brownies! Hope he feels better soon!
    Miranda :)
    Getting Cricky JRDT Sister
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. great card... I hope the little guy is feeling better soon ;)
    kimberly - leokc34 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very sweet card. I pray your friend is doing better!

    Precious Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your card!!! I re-pinned it last night on pinterest!!! Concussions are so serious! My son's baseball teammate had 2 in 6 months last year. One more and he is done playing :( Hope your friend heals quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very nice card!

    hugs,
    Veronica JrDT sister
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome project! So cute!

    hugs,
    JoAnn
    Jr GCDT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  29. Clever card! I like it. Hope your friend is feeling better!

    Heather - DT sister

    ReplyDelete