Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Baby Love

Have you ever sat down and looked through the handbook for just one of your Cricut cartridges, and then tried to come up with as many project ideas as you could that would JUST use that ONE cartridge and any of the stamp sets you already own?

That is kind of the basis for the theme of this week. I will ONLY be using cuts from the Sampler Cricut cartridge, and combining them with stamps from the K Andrew Designs stamp sets. Why? So many people look at a stamp set and see a "theme" and think that if they don't have a Cricut cartridge that fits that "theme" then they don't have a use for that stamp set . . . WRONG! This week several of the Getting Crickey Design Team Members are going to show you how many project ideas are out there from just one cartridge.

For today's card I used the baby carriage cut from the Sampler Cricut cartridge.



I used stamps from Owly Hoo to create the phrase "Baby Love".  Since several of the K Andrew stamp sets are mix and match sets this allows you to combine them to create your own phrases . . . which also allows you to get more bang for your buck out of the sets!

I hope you enjoyed this card, and that you come back every day this week to see what else I have created!



10 comments:

  1. Very cute, i love the embossing!
    Kristan
    GCDT-sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely adorable, Shawn!! I love the embossing and the carriage is so sweet!! What a creative, awesome use of the stamps!! :D

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card Shawn! I love this idea of using one cart. I need to give that a try.

    If you get a chance come sign up for my blog candy.

    Tami
    scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card -- I really like the paper for the baby carriage and the background embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable card, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Shawn. I love the colors and the embossing. I think I have this cut on another cartridge (Doodlecharms?) I will have to check out mycutsearch.com ;)

    Cheri - Getting Cricky Sister
    wwwdjssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute & good for you. I'm still trying to find the time & motivation to use all those un-used carts we talked about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! I love the embossing and I love the paper you used for the baby carriage :)


    Amanda
    Getting Cricky JrDt
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card, the embossing looks like wallpaper!!
    Cheers Jennie GCDT - Sister

    ReplyDelete