Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My own ribbon box

I used to store my Cricut cartridges in photo boxes, until I got my Scrap N Tote.  So since I transferred things over the photo boxes have just been sitting around empty, so I decided to convert one into a ribbon box.


One thing I like about my ribbon box is that I can put a LOT more ribbon in it than you can in some of the ribbon boxes you see at the store. I saw one today that only had six holes for the ribbon to come out . . . do you know how many boxes I would need if I could only fit 6 per box!?!?!?!


The other think I like about my box is that there is space in the back, behind the ribbon, for larger spools of tulle or trims that you don't really want coming out of the box, but are nice to keep with the ribbons.


I just cut a slot all the way down one side of the photo box and then used some tape to "finish" off the edges so you did not see the rough cut.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! I am going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I had my ribbon hanging across the top of my desk with a long dowel rod until my puppy desided to eat the rod. Now I'm scrambling for a new solution. Thanks for sharing.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing this great tip! I love it! plus we can decorate it to suit our own style. Yaaa! Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete