Sunday, November 6, 2011

Getting Cricky Simply Sunday - Tea Time

Welcome to Simply Sunday with the Getting Cricky Design Team!

Today is the day that the Getting Cricky Design Team gets to show off some of the projects they have created with the wonderful stamps from K Andrew Designs.  Our theme for this week is Tea Time. 

At first I was having a REALLY hard time with this theme, since I do not own the Coffee and Tea Stamp set . . . I was just not seeing some of the phrases from the sets I DO OWN fitting into the theme . . . then it hit me! I know so many people that are coffee and tea drinkers, and with the holidays coming I always need a few cute gift card holders to put the coffee shop gift cards into.  I used my Sweethearts Cricut cartridge which has a slider envelope on it.

I cut the envelope at 3 1/2" out of some paper with a green houndstooth pattern on it . . . this way they could even be used for some upcoming birthday gifts and not just holiday gifts.


For the decorations on the envelopes I dove into my scrap pile.

TIP:  I had embossed some paper and THEN tried to cut it into the thin strips and it did not cut as smooth with my paper cutter, so then I cut the thin strips FIRST and THEN embossed them . . . MUCH BETTER!


I have never used the quotation bubble cuts on my George and Basic Shapes cartridge before this project, but I think they work nice for this project.

The final touch on both of these gift card holders were the phrases.  Bottoms Up is from the Pirate Tales and Fish Scales Stamp Set.  For the other gift card holder I combined words from the mix and match set Winter Wishes.  The mix and match sets are really fun because you are not limited to JUST the phrases that the designer came up with . . . with theses sets the only limitation is your imagination!

Make sure to stop by Getting Cricky to see what the rest of the Design Team has created, and you can even enter your OWN project into the challenge.  I hope that this project showed you how to think outside the box so that you can use your stamps for more than just the "theme" they were created for.

9 comments:

  1. Great Job Shawn!! Love that you didn't use the coffee and tea set but showed that you can use other stamp sets for this chalenge!!
    Your New Junior DT Member
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable!! I know people will love getting those for gifts.

    Junior DT member
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these turned out great. Shows the amazing versatility of Kristal's stamps. Love the sentiments and think it is a great gift idea to jazz up the holiday gift cards. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!!! I am so inspired!!!!

    Patti Ross
    rossfam@wildblue.net
    www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What adorable gift card holders! Great job! I love it!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had just bought some gift cards for Christmas and I love your card holders. I may have to give them a try. Thanks for sharing.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so awesome, Shawn! What great gift ideas...you have inspired me to make these for my Christmas gift cards :D

    Lisa
    Getting Cricky DTM - Sister
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shawn,
    These are so great and a wonderful way to use Kristal's stamps. I look forward to working with you in the DT.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great! I like to give out gift cards sometimes and this is a great idea. I don't have that cartridge, but I bet I have something that would work. Guess I'll just have to use My Cut Search - LOL. BTW - that is a very helpful site.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete