Friday, November 4, 2011

Getting Cricky Blog Hop

Welcome to the Getting Cricky Blog Hop!
We're so happy you could join us for this special Getting Cricky Design Team Blog Hop!  We are all so glad you could join us and hop along.  Along the way, you'll see NEW ideas for creating cards and projects with Kristal's stamps sets! If you've hopped along from Deb's site, then you are in the right place! If you are just joining me from your dashboard, or reading this via email, please be sure to CLICK HERE to start at the beginning with Kristal's blog (you'll want to catch up on all the FUN!!)


Each of Kristal's stamp sets benefit charity. At least $1 per stamp set goes to benefit the charity noted on the stamp set package. You can learn even more about Kristal's stamps (and pick some up for yourself) by visiting her online store: K Andrew Designs:

Kristal's newest stamps sets are LARGER sets -- perfect for cards, layouts, and so much more...  For more details or to make one these sets YOURS, please click on the preview:

Crafty Friends (LARGE SHEET)

Pirate Party! LARGE SHEET (Faces included--but separate so you can use other face stamps)

Pirate Tales & Fish Scales (LARGE SHEET)

I used the K Andrew Owly Hoo Stamp Set.  I love that the phrases on this stamp set are broken up into smaller groupings of words, so you can actually combine them to create your OWN phrases.  I did was able to combine a few of the words to create the phrase "you are in my thougts" for a sympathy card for a family friend.

I decided to use fall colors not only because of the time of year it is, but also because I felt like the bright orange and green helped to add a little touch of cheerfulness to the card.  Even though it is a sympathy card, we sould rejoice in the life that this person had, and that is the feeling I wanted this card to bring.

Before you go I would like to offer you a chance to win a prize!  This week you can have your choice one of the following products . . . either the Cricut for Beginners DVD or a black and white polka dot ScrapBand.  To enter to win, leave a comment below telling me one phrase YOU would make by combining two or more stamps from the Owl Hoo Stamp Set.  So you don't have to scroll back up, here is the preview of the set again . . .


































and then send me an email by clicking here or by using the Contact Us Page at MyCutSearch.com so that I have your contact information.  PLEASE DO NOT leave your contact information in your comment . . . that is not a safe practice.  (your email simply needs to say Blog Hop Entry . . . it is just so I have a way to contact you)

Good luck and thanks for playing!  The winner will be announced here on Monday, November 7th.

Now you can hop on over to your next stop:
Lisa at
  ......

23 comments:

  1. Love the card!! Sent in my email to you!!
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your card. What a great sentiment set. I would make the phrase Happy Owl-idays. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super adorable card!!

    I would make I'll Owl-ways Love you.

    sending my email now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors in this card. It is simply gorgeous!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool love the color of the card and the sentaments great thanks for sharing
    sending email

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the embossing on your card. Sending you an email now.

    Hugs,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card! The sentiment I would use is Whoo-ray for Lil One

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice card!! my phrase would be "I Love the Night Life'!! Cheers jendewar at optusnet.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the papers on this card. Your sentiment is so good. Thank you because I never would have thought to make a sentence like that. We need sentence combination cheat sheets! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card and pretty papers. iwould make a card for children in my class that says, "How WISE you are!!!
    Charlotte
    http://alittlebitof detail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you can mix and match the words for different sentiments! @ Janis...I like your cheat sheet idea for sentence combos. Sometimes my brain just doesn't see all the possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My phrase would be my fav I always tell to my daughter that loves Owls: Owl always love you!
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card. I would make I'll OWL-ways LOVE You!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute~ id use OWl always LOVE you lilone :-)these are such Fab projects! Your so talented my friend. Thank-you love for sharing
    Scrappingmamma

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved the colors you used. It is very pretty. I love the way this sentiment looks. It makes such a Great card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the stamp set and how you can inter change the words to make your own phases. My phase would be Whoo loves you! I sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love the papers you used for this card, Shawn! Beautiful!

    Lisa
    Getting Cricky DTM - Sister
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute card. I would use the phrase: Baby I'll
    Owl-ways love you. tfs
    angie
    angiehbug at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is so pretty! I really like those sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That card is really pretty!! I love that set!! Is so cute and it has numbers!! TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great job Shawn, I love the simplicity!!

    Your DT Sister,
    Ildi-The Craftin Mama

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your card! The sentiment I would come up with is "You are Owl-ways on my mind"

    Thanks for sharing!

    ~Big Hugs,

    Lynda
    blossomingbutterflycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete