Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!!!!

Happy Halloween everyone!  Since I know that we are all busy getting those last minute things ready for the little trick or treaters, I have a quick and easy project for you.

After you complete a project, like making Halloween costumes for the kids, you always have some left over fabric . . . too much to throw away, but not enough to really make something out of.  Here is what I did with some of my "scraps" one year.






















I simply cut fabric into strips. It did not matter how long they were since I wanted them all to hang at different lengths.  The fabric was all different colors and textures . . . black, orange plaid, dark green and a blue/green netting type fabric.  After I had cut the fabric into strips I simply gathered the fabric pieces together and secured them with a rubber band.  I then hooked the rubber band to a nail that I have just above the door frame . . . I leave the nail there year round to hand decorations from . . . you cannot even see the nail since it is so close to the door frame.  I did not finish off the edges of the fabric, and over the years some of the fabric has frayed more than others, but this only adds to the old, worn Halloween look.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Halloween Shawn, cute idea. What's this about a new job? Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete