Friday, August 26, 2011

Using up my scraps

I am the kind of person that saves all of the inside circles that are created when you create some cuts, like from the inside of a letter O or the number Zero.  I keep them in a small circle container.

















I poured them all out because I was looking for a few to use as embellishments on a scrapbook layout I was doing, and then this paper in my stack caught my eye . . .


































I bet I have enough circles and dots in my little jar to do a card and imitate this same sort of pattern using these scraps!  I sorted all of the dots by color and started to line them up and glue them on.  For the VERY small dots I found them hard to pick up and place on the card with my fingers, so I got a straight pin and would poke them in the center and then place them on the card in an area that I had already placed glue.  This worked VERY well!

















The sentiment is from the Positive Thoughts Stamp Set by K Andrew Designs.


To purchase this stamp set, or any others by K Andrew Designs, you can click here.


2 comments:

  1. I just think these are the cutest stamps. I too have been saving my extras; great usage of the scraps.
    beckie_woodall@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your use of scraps! I also have soooo many circles, squares etc. that I will use one day???? Hey maybe my first attempt somewhere way down the blog road should be "use your scraps" theme for a hop since my blog is "scrapmyway.blogspot.com You'll have until then to help me figure out how it's done.
    Claire (from the NO hurricane here in Florida blogger)

    ReplyDelete