Sunday, August 28, 2011

Simply Sunday - Winged Things


Today is Simply Sunday at Getting Cricky, and the theme for this week is Winged Things.



The new stamp set Winged Things by K Andrew Designs has many phrases that you could use for this theme.


Since I don't own this stamp set, I had to "think outside of the box" for this theme, and here is what I came up with . . . I used a sentiment stamp from the Positive Thoughts Stamp Set by K Andrew Designs.


I love using the brown and pink color combination, and I thought that adding the embossing to the butterfly added just enough of an extra touch to it.  The butterfly cut is from the Paisley Cricut Cartridge.  It is the images in the Button Feature in the upper right corner of the page.

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday, and make sure to stop by Getting Cricky to see what the rest of the Design Team has created!  Also, you can join in the fun by showing by linking up a project that you created that fits the Winged Things Theme for this week.

10 comments:

  1. Hello, I love your card! The embossed butterfly is perfect. I like pink and brown together. I found out be making a card how well it went. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, Shawn! I love, love, love the color combo and the embossing on the butterfly is so awesome! What a gorgeous card!! :)

    Lisa
    Getting Cricky DTM - Sister
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card. I love the swirl embossing on the butterfly. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color combo and you used my favorite cuttlebug folder. Very nice job!
    Cheri
    djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so soft and uplifting! I love the swirly butterfly!
    :) Janis
    Getting Cricky DTM - Sister
    http://PauseDreamEnjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Butterflies & I like your Butterfly card.
    I have the Positive Thoughts stamp set that I won awhile ago.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty butterfly card! love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Shawn, you did a great job even without the stamp. I love your embossed butterfly. Beautiful!
    Your DT Sister
    Becka

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors. The texture of the butterfly is great.
    plepoma@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! Love the color combo.

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete