Saturday, August 27, 2011

Ladybug Layout

I have an Aunt that loves ladybugs.  She is also the shortest member of her generation of the family, so the kids like to measure themselves up to her to see what age they are taller than Aunt Sandy.  That was the inspiration for this scrapbook layout from when she was in town visiting.



Since I was covering so much of this page with paper, I had an idea . . . what if I cut rectangles out of the paper in the areas where the pictures will be?  Then I can save those rectangles of paper to use for another project . . . they would be nice sizes for cards.

















The second picture shows the back side of the matted picture so you can see that it is not fully matted.  For this project I just eyeballed where to place the rectangle and did a size that I knew would fit within the space but if you wanted to use Design Studio, the Gypsy or Cricut Craft Room you could do a more exact sized rectangle, or even cut a decorative cut out of the center to save for another project.  Using any of these design tools you would be able to place this second cut so that you would be sure that it was totally hidden once the picture was placed on top. 

The large ladybugs for this layout are from the Doodlecharms Cricut cartridge, and the smaller ones are from the Paisley Cricut cartridge.

  

1 comment: