Friday, August 12, 2011

Birthday card

I have a friend that I work with who I wanted to make a birthday card for.  I wanted a classy looking card, with a really cute saying.  I love the sayings at Stampin On The Edge.  I have the BFF Stamp Set.

While making the card I saw a scalloped trim that I had in my pile
















I really wanted to add that to the card, but the pattern on it did not go with the papers that I had already picked and started making the card from.  Then I decided to make my OWN scalloped edge trim.

I used my George and Basic Shapes cartridge and cut bunch of ovals using the silhouette feature.













I cut those in half and lined them up on the back of the trim I had already created by running a piece of black paper through my Cuttlebug and it sort of worked . . . it is a VERY thin and delicate scalloped trim.  I am going to need to search and see if I can find a thicker circle or oval with a silhouette feature.

















Oh . . . I also figured out how to scan cards with my scanner instead of taking a picture of the card today, so now I am hoping that I will get MUCH better images of my cards to share with all of you.  If only I could scan my 12 X 12 layouts too.  The only thing that does not show up very well is the glitter on the black frame.

If you like the saying I used on this card then please go and check out the rest of the stamps at Stampin On The Edge.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card. If you have Design Studio or the Gypsy you could make this border using the weld feature and using a thin rectangle at the bottom. Size it to fit your standard A2 and your standard layer (mine is 4X5.25 in. I have the punch for this layer but I did create some that I don't have punches for.

    ReplyDelete