Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy Fourth of July!

A few years ago I was asked to create two Memorial Scrapbooks for two young girls . . . at the time they were 5 and 1 1/2 years old. Their father had just died of cancer, and the mother really wanted a special book for each girl with pictures of them and their father, but she did not consider herself a "crafty" person . . . and she also felt that it would be too emotional of a project to tackle.


I do not usually do one photo page layouts, so this project really challenged me and forced me to learn to create one photo layouts since often there was only one good picture for a holiday or event.  I hope that years from now these two girls can look back at these books and feel like they are still connected to their father.  I know that after I worked on these books I felt very connected to this family.

2 comments:

  1. So Kind of you to do this for your Friend. I'm sure those little girls will cherish the Scrapbook forever. You did an Awesome job on the one Picture layout.Thank you for Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the one-photo layout you did. It looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete