Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Birthday card using Card Positioning System

I hope you had a fun and relaxing long weekend.  I was working on a few cards for upcoming birthdays, and at the time that I typed up this post I even got to some scrapbooking.  It is not the "fun in the sun" that most people think of for the Fourth of July weekend, but it is what makes ME happy!

First off, Riki if you are reading this STOP NOW!  I know your birthday is not for a couple more weeks, but I am posting your card today since I want to enter it for the Card Positioning Systems sketch for this week.

Here is the sketch . . .


I have know for MONTHS that I wanted to make a card with a unicorn on it for Riki's birthday.  We both love the line from the movie Despicable Me when the little girl yells "It's So Fluffy!!!" as she holds her toy unicorn.  

I used the unicorn cut from Paper Doll Dress Up.  I cut it twice . . . once from white and once from pink . . . then I trimmed the pink pieces I needed and layered them on to the white.  I used two different Cuttlebug embossing folders for the matting papers.  Of course, inside I wrote "It's So Fluffy!"

If you like this sketch and would like to enter a card you created at Card Positioning Systems, you can do so by following this link.  

2 comments:

  1. Adorable card!! The sentiment cracks me up...I love that movie!! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute! And bright and cheery! TFS!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete