Monday, July 25, 2011

Baby card

I used a card sketch a few weeks ago for a baby card.  There was a scallop half circle on the sketch and I created MY scalloped half circle out of baby diaper pin cuts from the Simply Sweet Cricut cartridge.  I like the idea of that and with this card I took that idea one step farther.






















I used a solid blue and a blue and white Houndstooth pattern for the background of the card.  Then I did a quick search on MyCutSearch.com to find a scalloped circle.  Did you know that there are over 160 different scalloped circle images out there!  I quickly found one that was on a cartridge I own and cut it out.  I ran it through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dot embossing plate to give it some texture.

Then I cut several diaper pin images out of shades of blue and teal at 3/4" and placed them inside of the scallops.  The diaper pin I used was from Simply Sweet, but there are several other cartridges that also have a diaper pin image if you don't already own Simply Sweet.

I placed a piece of chocolate brown ribbon with a teal stitching to hide the area where all of the different pieces of paper came together and then finished it off with the word baby, which was also from the Simply Sweet cartridge.  I like how cutting this word with a shadow cut really helped it to pop off the card.

1 comment:

  1. Hi...Your post really got me thinking man..... an intelligent piece,I must say. Find great information about Christening gifts

    ReplyDelete