Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Baby card using Card Patterns

I have a co-worker who's wife is pregnant.  We think she might have had the baby because he was not in to work the other day.  I found this sketch at Card Patterns, and I knew I could use it for this baby card.



I knew I wanted to use diaper pins to create the scalloped look for the bottom part of the card, and I knew that the Cricut cartridge Simply Sweet had a diaper pin image on it . . . how did I know that?  I went to MyCutSearch.com and typed in diaper pin and let the site do all of the work finding all of the handbook images of diaper pins.


I also cut the word baby from Simply Sweet.  I layered all of this over a baby block patterned paper that I had.

Do you have an idea for a card with this same sketch?  Then head over to Card Patterns and add your creation to the list!

4 comments:

  1. I love that patterned paper! Was it a single sheet or in a stack & if so by who?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tami . . . single sheet that I bought a LONG time ago for a baby layout, but I did not use all of it. Cannot remember by who

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling Shawn! Thank you for playing with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete