Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's Thank You Card Blog Hop ~ Day Four



Welcome to the Crafty Chics Blog, and the New Year’s Thank You Card Blog Hop! If you have come after visiting ScrappyCraftCorner, you're in the right place. If you just stopped in and did not know about the Blog Hop and want to play along with our blog hopping fun, you can go to the beginning and join the fun.   Since I am featuring a different card for each day of the hop, and today is the last day, make sure to check out the cards I made for day one, two and three also! 


Now, on to the card for today. . . 


I made this card for my son to send to some relatives.  Since he is a 17 year old boy, he did not want to send out anything that was "cute" or "glittery".  


I knew I had a cartridge that had the phrase "Thanks A Million" so I went to CricutSearch.com and typed the word million into the search bar and I was quickly able to find that it was in the Cutting Up Cricut Cartridge.  I cut that phrase from two different shades of green paper, and backed it with a bright blue, which I think really made things POP!  I found a scrap of nice striped paper for the bottom part of the card and then I cut some dollar signs from the Cutting Up Cricut Cartridge.

And of course what fun would a Blog Hop be without a chance to win something!  I will be giving away copy of the DVD Cricut For Beginners.

For your chance to win, we are going to play a little game.  Have you heard of the website CricutSearch.com?  I worked with my family to create Cricut Search, and it allows you to type in a word and then it will show you all of the handbooks that image is found on.  It even gives you a preview of the handbook page so that you can look at the image right away and know if it is what you are looking for.

So, to enter to win the DVD Cricut For Beginners. go to Cricut Search and type New Year into the search bar and then send an email to me and tell me how many images came up for that search.  (you can send me an email here, or go to the Contact Us page at Cricut Search)  Please DO NOT post your email address in the comment section of the blog . . . that is not a safe thing to do . . . it allows other to get your email for those spam email lists.

Thanks for stopping by, and now I will send you off to the next blog on the hop . . . MyScrappinObsession.com


Just in case you want the WHOLE Blog Hop list from the start . . . I have listed everyone below.
(Edit: Since there were some broken links or people who forgot to post a card along the way, I have updated the links below so that they should all be good ones for you!)

CraftyCardGallery
KeekerzCrafts
ScrappinWithMyBug
BitByTheCricutBug
BeyondScrapin
letsubrightnurday
Luvs2Scrapbook
TheGlamorousSideOfScrapping
CardMonkey
MacherieCreations
Cheryl-Gibson
Lezlyes
Scrappin3rdeeschik
CrossMyHeartPapercrafts
ScrappyCraftCorner
Crafty Chics and CricutSearch  (You are HERE)
MyScrappinObsession
TheScrapoholic
SeptemberNinth
DeesDesignsFromMyHeart
Scrapadoodledee
TheScrapbookingQueen
CreativeArmyWife
KrazyQuilling
PattisScrapingTime
BugLvr
FunkyCards
TheCreativeStamperSpot
JamieisACraftyMomma
NadiasBeautifulMess
TypicalScrapbooker

3 comments:

  1. beyond cute! Love th money symbols! Thank you for sharing!
    Contact Info: incase i get a chance to win that amazing blog candy!
    email: arebori0204@gmail.com
    new blog check me out: www.scraptillyadrop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards grat ideas!
    http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another Great Idea! Love your card!
    ~Kim
    http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com
    kfordyce6638 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete