Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Thank You Card Blog Hop ~ Day Two

Happy New Year!  I hope that you had a safe and happy New Year's celebration.











Welcome to the Crafty Chics Blog, and the New Year’s Thank You Card Blog Hop! If you have come after visiting ScrappyCraftCorner, you're in the right place. If you just stopped in and did not know about the Blog Hop and want to play along with our blog hopping fun, you can go to the beginning and join the fun.    I am featuring a different card for each day of the hop, so make sure you go back and see the card I did yesterday also.


Now, on to the card . . . I decided to do something quick and easy for today.  If you have a LOT of Thank You cards to make, this is a good way to still make them personal, but not spend hours on a card.












I used some cream and black striped cardstock and cut that to cover about 3/4 of the front of the card.  Then I used a teal animal print tape from TapeTastic to add a little fun, and to cover the top edge of the cardstock. Then I cut the word Thanks out of a deeper teal color cardstock using my Calligraphy Collections Cricut Cartridge.


And of course what fun would a Blog Hop be without a chance to win something!  I will be giving away copy of the DVD Cricut For Beginners.



For your chance to win, we are going to play a little game.  Have you heard of the website CricutSearch.com?  I worked with my family to create Cricut Search, and it allows you to type in a word and then it will show you all of the handbooks that image is found on.  It even gives you a preview of the handbook page so that you can look at the image right away and know if it is what you are looking for.


So, to enter to win the DVD Cricut For Beginners. go to Cricut Search and type New Year into the search bar and then send an email to me and tell me how many images came up for that search.  (you can send me an email here, or go to the Contact Us page at Cricut Search)  Please DO NOT post your email address in the comment section of the blog . . . that is not a safe thing to do . . . it allows other to get your email for those spam email lists.


Thanks for stopping by, and now I will send you off to the next blog on the hop . . . MyScrappinObsession.com


Just in case you want the WHOLE Blog Hop list from the start . . . I have listed everyone below.
(Edit: Since there were some broken links or people who forgot to post a card along the way, I have updated the links below so that they should all be good ones for you!)

CraftyCardGallery
KeekerzCrafts
ScrappinWithMyBug
BitByTheCricutBug
BeyondScrapin
letsubrightnurday
Luvs2Scrapbook
TheGlamorousSideOfScrapping
CardMonkey
MacherieCreations
Cheryl-Gibson
Lezlyes
Scrappin3rdeeschik
CrossMyHeartPapercrafts
ScrappyCraftCorner
Crafty Chics and CricutSearch  (You are HERE)
MyScrappinObsession
TheScrapoholic
SeptemberNinth
DeesDesignsFromMyHeart
Scrapadoodledee
TheScrapbookingQueen
CreativeArmyWife
KrazyQuilling
PattisScrapingTime
BugLvr
FunkyCards
TheCreativeStamperSpot
JamieisACraftyMomma
NadiasBeautifulMess
TypicalScrapbooker


13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to 'tapetastic' ! Have to score some of that!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple, so cute!! Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute! I love the search site as well!!! I sent you an email thru the site and am a new follower of your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful card, and I love the cricut search engine!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love simple this is really cute, Great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful card. I am going to the Cricut search site and I will send you an email. I am a new follower. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cricutsearch.com Thanks to you and your family for putting this site together for us. try it if you haven't yet. I'm even going to add a link on my blog
    http://sillyp4jc.blogspot.com/2011/01/cricutsearchcom.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice card, love the thank you font :-) TFS! Happy New Year!!! -Sam :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice card... The idea of easy thank you cards & Cricut search got me an idea for my card for the hop for Sunday! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute I love that paper! Thank you so much for sharing! Simple yet perfect!
    Happy New Year!
    Contact Info: incase I get luckey enough to win that amazing blog candy!
    email: arebori0204@gmail.com
    New Blog: www.scraptillyadrop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice simple card:)

    Thanks for sharing and for the chance to win!

    elainer@cinci.rr.com
    ExpressionsByElaine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shawn,

    Thank you for sharing so many creations!!! :) And it's good to be reminded that beautiful cards can be quick!;)

    Thank you so much for sharing and for the chance to win,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete