Friday, April 16, 2010

Wedding card box

Here is a wedding card box I made for my sister-in-law's bridal shower and wedding.


I found a shoe box where the top was hinged/connected to the bottom.  I wanted the top and bottom to be connected so that they would not get separated at the party or the wedding.  (I have kids, I know how those little people like to take the tops off of things and the they just disappear) 

I covered the entire box in white fabric I had left over from making my wedding dress, and then covered the top in some padding to give it a fuller look before I put the white fabric with a subtle flower print over the top.  This was left over from one of my children's Baptism outfit.  I used white wire ribbon and flowers to decorate the top.

Here is a view looking straight down at the top of the box so you can see the bow and flowers better.



People told me how beautiful it was, and it was nice to know that I could create something beautiful out of a empty shoe box, left-over fabric some flowers and ribbon.  Also, when people talk about saving money on wedding items, I think back to this project . . . the only thing I bought was the ribbon and flower . . . I already had everything else.

1 comment:

  1. That is one of the best wedding card box that I have seen. It's too beautiful. L)

    ReplyDelete