Sunday, February 7, 2010

Easy Gift Cards

I have a lot of small scraps of fabric in two small bins that is left over from a Brownie/Girl Scout project that I helped my daughter's troop do a couple of years ago.

I have been trying to think of ways to use up these small, pre-cut pieces of fabric. They are about 2 inch squares.















I hate to throw them away, but they are too small for me to do a sewing project with, so they have just been sitting for a long time.  The other day I had the idea to use them inside of a card . . . and here is how it turned out.















I used the "Tab" image from my Cricut Sampler Cartridge.  The book says that this image is from the Fabulous Finds Cartridge.

First I cut the Tab with the heart cut out in it from a pale purple paper.  Then I attached one of the scraps of fabric that I had to the back side of this so that the fabric showed through the heart cut out.  Then I cut the Shadow cut for the same tab out of a blue paper, and attached that to the back, so that the fabric is sandwiched in-between the two pieces of paper.

Once you fold it on the center crease the inside is blank, which gives you a place to write your greeting or the To/From information.  Then all you have to do is use some ribbon to feed through the holes to tie the card to the package.















I made some in different sizes by adjusting the cut size on my Cricut.  I could make several of these to just have on hand in case I need a quick gift tag.

http://craftychicsblog.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. That is a great idea Shawn! A great way to put scraps of pretty fabric to use.

    ReplyDelete