Saturday, January 23, 2010

Kaleidoscope layout

Do you remember playing with kaleidoscopes when you were young?  I had one and I always loved the different shapes and patterned that would appear.  The first time I saw a kaleidoscope scrapbook layout I knew that it was something I had to try.

This is one that I did for the first page of my 2005 scrapbook.



After I knew which pictures I wanted to use I made sure I had two copies of the picture, and two mirror image copies. If you want to make a more complex kaleidoscope you can use 4 or 6 copies of the same image, just don't forget to get the name number of mirror image copies.

After I placed the pictures, I just started cutting shapes and filling in the space.  I tried to think back to the days of being a young child playing with a kaleidoscope and some of the patterns that it would create.


20% Off Most Scrapbooking Products at ScrapbookingAlley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment